2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup of chips, nuts, raisins, whatever you choose (I like to do 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Either grease a cookie sheet, or cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in butter with your hands, rubbing the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in chips/nuts.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and sour cream.
4. Using a fork, stir the sour cream mix into the flour mix until large clumps form. Use your hands to form into a ball.
5. You can either take the ball of dough and slice into 8 triangles, or I like to shape it into 8 small balls. Place the scones on the cookie sheet and sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on top. Bake until golden, about 15-17 minutes.